Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Laika

I just came across this article, thought it seems to be about a month old now. Its an interview by Animation World Network (AWN on my links to the right) with Travis Knight, who is now the studio head at Laika.

I had the opportunity to meet some of the other awesome artists, including Henry Selick, when I was part of their Project Backpocket summer internship a few years back. So, I always have an affinity for the company. From what I remember, which may be inaccurate, someone told me he began working there sweeping the floors after his Father, Phil Knight, purchased the company from Will Vinton (formerly Will Vinton Studios). He then started talking to animators working there, and took a stab at doing some stop motion for them. And from there he progressed, and is now the CEO of the studio. Its a pretty neat story. Anyway, here's a link to the interview.

AWN Interviews Phil Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment